Instructions for TCNJ Guests
TCNJ offers self-registration for Guests to use wireless on the campus. In order to obtain access, you must be able to receive either a text message or an email. The credentials you receive will provide wireless access on up to five (5) mobile devices, tablets and/or laptops for 24 hours. After this time period, you need to re-register and obtain new credentials.
TCNJ community members should not use Guest accounts. They should follow the instructions for OnBoarding to eduroam, located here.
Guests follow these instructions:
- Connect to the Welcome-to-TCNJ wireless network. This is an open network, meaning there is no encryption on the guest network. Guests are encouraged to use a VPN and/or SSL protected (e.g. https://) websites when working with sensitive data such as passwords or account information.
- On many mobile devices, a functionally limited browser, called a captive network assistant, will automatically pop up. If this does not happen, open your preferred web browser and try to navigate to a webpage such as
tcnj.edu. Choose the link under “TCNJ Guests”.
- On the registration page that opens next, enter your information in the provided boxes. Make sure you enter all of the requested information correctly, including your mobile carrier. (If you choose the wrong service provider, you will not receive the text message from the system. If your carrier is not listed in the drop down menu, you will need to search online to determine the correct carrier for your service.) Click on the “Register” button.
- The login page will then open. Enter the username (email address) that you provided as well as the password provided to you by the system via text message or email.
At this point, the device you logged in with will be connected to Welcome-to-TCNJ. Your device will automatically connect to this network for the next 24 hours, after which time your credentials will expire.
You may connect to Welcome-to-TCNJ using the same credentials for up to four (4) additional devices over the same time period. In the steps above, instead of selecting “Register” on the registration page at Step 3, choose “Sign In” and enter the same credentials.
Guest network access allows the user to connect to publicly accessible websites and use services such as VPN. There is no security on the Welcome-to-TCNJ network. Guests will not be able to access TCNJ internal resources.
Please see the TCNJ Computing Access Agreement for information on using TCNJ network resources.
Legacy Instructions for TCNJ Guests using the Guest-at-TCNJ3 wireless network
(This method is still currently available, but will be disabled in the near future. In addition to the method below, these legacy accounts may also be used to connect to Welcome-to-TCNJ via the “Already have an account? Sign In” link on the guest self-registration page mentioned in Step 3 above.)
You should contact your TCNJ Sponsor for a guest login and password.
- Select the Guest-at-TCNJ3 wireless network. There is no encryption (e.g. WEP, WPA, etc.) on the guest networks. Guests are encouraged to use VPN or SSL protected (e.g. https://) sites when working with sensitive data.
- Launch your web browser and go to a web site such as https://ei.tcnj.edu/wireless/. You should be redirected to the wireless login page. If not, select another site that you have not visited recently since frequently visited sites may reside in your browser’s cache.
- Enter the guest login and password provided to you by your TCNJ Sponsor.
- You should now be able to access off-campus http:// or https:// websites. Common on-campus websites like http://www.tcnj.edu/ are also available, but most other resources are not accessible to clients on the guest wireless network.
- You do not need to keep your browser open to remain logged in. Once you are out of range of the wireless network, you will automatically be logged out.
Instructions for TCNJ Sponsors
TCNJ Sponsors (i.e. TCNJ faculty and staff) should contact the Help Desk prior to their campus activity to obtain guest wireless network availability and login/password information. The Help Desk can be reached at 609-771-2660 or via email@example.com. Visit the Help Desk website for their hours of operation.
TCNJ Sponsors are responsible for providing their guests with the “Instructions for TCNJ Guests” (see above). This can be done by printing this page and providing it at the beginning of your campus activity. Alternately, an email with a link to this page can be sent to the guests prior to the activity.
If wireless networking is critical to the success of your activity, you should test guest access 2 or more business days prior to your activity. This will give IT sufficient time to answer any questions or troubleshoot any access issues you encounter.
Most on-campus resources are not available from the guest wireless network for security reasons. On-campus websites that use standard web URLs are available. If you have a question as to whether a particular on-campus website is available, please contact the Help Desk.